10/8/10

My Coral Obsession: Fall 20X Edition

As you are all aware, fall is here and in full effect. In these early autumn days, transitional wardrobe pieces and color schemes are necessary to seamlessly shift from summer to fall. For example, summer dresses can be paired with fall essentials, like lightweight scarves and blazers, to remain stylish while bracing yourself for cooler temperatures.

One of my favorite colors for nails and makeup this past spring and summer has been coral; I'd hate to give up wearing it for 6 months until it's "seasonally appropriate" again rolleyes

Great news though: coral's been tearing up the runways of many a designer this year, and shows no signs of stopping for fall and winter. The peachy-pink shade flatters many skin tones, making it a hot transitional color for these cooler months.

For the past week, I've had Sinful Colors nail polish in Indian Pipe, a gorgeous almost-neon coral, on both my fingers AND toes (a rarity for me... I like to mix it up when it comes to my polish).

Sinful Colors in Indian Pipe

Also this past week, I've been trying to figure out how to transition the peach-colored blush and coral lipstick I have in my makeup arsenal into my fall look. So I experimented around a little:

Eyes: Covergirl Eyeshadow Quad - Champagne (a pale, shimmery golden peach) and Down to Earth (shimmery brown);
Maybelline Great Lash
BIG Mascara
Cheeks: Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Cheek Tint in Just Peachy
Lips: Sephora Lip Attitude - Glamour lipstick in Coral Coquette

Champagne used all over lid (it IS a neutral shade, which explains why it barely shows up when photographed),
with Down to Earth on outer V of lid
.
Maybelline Great Lash
BIG Mascara on lashes.


Sephora's Coral Coquette

Overall, coral brightens up an otherwise muted look. Aside from summery colors like green, blue, and pink, I think coral would pair nicely with the browns, grays, and navies typically found in fall/winter color palettes.