9/15/11

My scores from the Missoni for Target Collection :-)

Can you smell the ~couture~?

As all you fashionistas out there may have realized, the Missoni for Target collection was released this past Tuesday to much fanfare. By the time I got to my local Target around noon that day, most of the merchandise was completely gone; what was left looked like a tsunami hit it. Luckily, two of the three items I came up there looking for were still in stock and in my size, too (yay!):

Missoni for Target silk floral scarf and suede pumps

What I didn't find--at least not in my size--were these cute and comfy-looking flats:

I hit up the Target website once I got back home, only to find that Target's servers had crashed from the sheer demand. It's that serious, yo! I know Target has had other prominent names in fashion on its racks--Isaac Mizrahi, Alexander McQueen, even lesser-known but still costly and chic brand Tucker--but nothing of the magnitude that Missoni brought to the table.

For the uninformed, Missoni is an Italian knitwear label best known for its colorful zigzag patterns. They also specialize in striped, geometric, and abstract floral prints. These prints come in a variety of fabric choices, primarily wool but also cotton, linen, rayon and silk.

The Missoni for Target collection has women's clothing and accessories (of course), but also chic and unique items for kids, men, and the home. The campaign runs from September 13 to October 22, though I've heard that the collection is so popular, Targets everywhere have been wiped out of the collection and are unsure if and when they'll get more items in stock.

If you haven't already, get thee to a Tar-jhay tout suite!